• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: shipmodul multiplex lite
I'm having some difficulty getting this thing up and running. I've got a couple of instruments working together on the listerner ports, but it doesn't seem to be outputing anything to the talker port. I hook up an Epirb or VHF radio or .... anything to that port and I get nothing. Is there someway I can test that port with a multimeter to determine if there's anything there? Anybody else have any problems with this thing? Looks simple enough .....

Pat

The only way you can get something to the output port on the Miniplex lite is to have GPSNavX or MacENC repeat to it. The Miniplex lite does not operate as a hub. It only operates as a server. This means your Mac must be sending NMEA data to it. MacENC and GPSNavX can do this via the repeat port.

So whatever comes into the GPS Panel port will be sent to the repeat port (assuming one is selected). If you check "autopilot only" then only those NMEA sentences for the activated (i.e. Goto button) will be sent the the repeat port.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiplex help skip 1 4,412 December 2, 2012 07:24
Last Post: Jade
  MiniPlex for ShipModul Multiplexers GPSNavX 1 6,215 February 14, 2011 11:23
Last Post: GPSNavX
  Raymarine S3 smartpilot & Miniplex lite Noinesse 0 2,976 May 3, 2009 22:55
Last Post: Noinesse
  MiniPlex 2.00 for ShipModul Multiplexers GPSNavX 0 2,582 January 29, 2009 17:47
  Shipmodul Miniplex-Lite Multiplexer and OS X 10.5 GPSNavX 0 2,308 December 5, 2007 18:32