• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: vector chart?
Hello!
I'm a french mac user, and I'm really interested in MacEnc.
The problem is: I already have 2 world coverage: the first is a navichart coverage, the second is a C-Map 93 coverage.

It seems that I can't use nor one, neither the other with MacEnc... Can you confirm me that? It is really too expensive to buy again chart..... will MacEnc have the compatibility with one of these format?
I tryed to download a demo of a vector chart from one of the site in the compatibility list of MacEnc, but it just doesn't work. I get this file: 1IDEMO_DD_ELBE_1_0_0.7CD but it seems MacEnc doesn't see it (I tell him in the chart manager where was my chart folder).

It's a bit complicated to use chart with MacEnc, it would be very usefull if your website explain to users how to make simple action, like add chart....

I hope you'll answer all my questions....
thank you

MacENC works with two types of raster charts and one type of vector chart.

The vector charts that MacENC supports are in the IHO S-57 3.1 format. These charts will be in a folder called ENC_ROOT and will have a Catalog.031 file. Some can be encrypted with IHO S-63 encryption. In that case you will also have a ENC.PMT or PERMITS.TXT file that you will need to let MacENC know about.

Details on using S-57 Vector Charts with MacENC can be found in the help or here..

http://www.gpsnavx.com/MacENC/help/openingencs.htm

Details on using Softcharts or BSB Raster Charts with MacENC can be found here..

http://www.gpsnavx.com/MacENC/help/openingraster.htm

I don't believe CMAP-93 is in S-57 3.1 format.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vector charts for UK RHYC 31 16,640 June 20, 2009 08:03
Last Post: GPSNavX
  Vector charts Curran3 1 2,586 June 28, 2008 17:41
Last Post: GPSNavX
  MacENC in action - UK vector charts and AIS! ReeferJon 37 15,385 October 20, 2006 02:18
Last Post: Frenz
  GPSNavX & S-57 vector marine charts GPSNavX 1 3,164 April 29, 2005 00:06
Last Post: cyberhusky