• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: iNavX 1.1.0 is now available
iNavX changes include:

- Support for Solteknik raster Sweden waters marine charts from www.x-traverse.com
- Swedish port search
- Swedish localization
- "+" and "-" buttons on Chart view will load and display the next larger or smaller scale chart

Swedish website

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I should mention that I plan to bring much more chart/map content to iNavX over the next few months. US and Swedish waters raster charts are just the beginning. Also GRIB Wx forecast overlay support will be in the next iNavX release.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention, but I'm a bit confused about the upcoming developments with iNavX and iNavX2. My understanding is that Navionics obtained the rights to develop iNavX2 to work with their vector charts. When it is released shortly, will iNavX2 replace iNavX as a major upgrade, or will iNavX and iNavX2 now be taking separate development paths (i.e iNavX = raster charts and iNavX2 = vector charts) and we user will have to decide which way to go? Also Rich, will you still be actively involved with support and questions concerning iNavX2 or will we be going through Navionics for that?

Thanks,
Collin

PS- In an unrelated question, is there any plan to ever implement "routing” capabilities in any of the versions of iNavX?
Life is a journey, not a guided tour.

iNavX2 is just version 2.0 of iNavX. It has not shipped yet. The expected availability is next month. All iNavX users will receive the upgrade at no new cost. I will will continue to support and improve iNavX regardless of what cartography (i.e. raster or vector) is used.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I have been noticing that while scrolling, the screen redrawing time has increased since the iPhone update (the one that removed the zoom slider function). The recent loss of "acceleration" while scrolling only exaggerates the problem. Many times when i am scrolling to another area on the chart, the way it is implemented now, when the screen is finally redrawn, it can be hard to know exactly where you are on the chart.

GPSNavX Wrote:iNavX2 is just version 2.0 of iNavX. It has not shipped yet. The expected availability is next month. All iNavX users will receive the upgrade at no new cost. I will will continue to support and improve iNavX regardless of what cartography (i.e. raster or vector) is used.

Hello

If I do check the App Store in Luxembourg I can't find iNavX.
But if I do login with my account in the German App Store I can buy iNavX!

Why can I buy iNavX in some countries and not in others?
At the moment only US and Swedish Raster-charts are available, which are of no use in neither Germany nor Luxembourg but why is there a difference on where I can buy apps?

Especially as iTunes in Europe is located in Luxembourg, as it is called iTunes S.à r.l.

Any ideas?

Per the iNavX website, at this time iNavX is available in the United States, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany and Sweden iTunes stores. As we add more charts in the near future we will offer iNavX in more countries.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

as we can now buy navionics for the UK on the iPhone, can we not buy iNavX and use it with the navionics charts?

Its the one thing that has stopped me buying the navionics bundle, without a decent app to utilise the charts, I don't see the point