• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: iNavX iPad
Can I create a route by taping on the iPad screen? If yes, how is this done?

Yes routes can be created on the chart. Get the latest version iNavX 3.0.1.

To insure you have the latest version (3.0.1), on your device select "App Store", then select "Updates"

Tap the chart where you want a waypoint. Select "Waypoint".

Tap the waypoint name on the chart. Waypoint name becomes a button. Tap button and select "Add Waypoint to route".

Repeat for each waypoint in the route.

Version 3.0.2 will allow creating a waypoint and adding it to the route in one step.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thank you. When will the next version be available?
How do I insert a waypoint in an existing route using the tap technique?

Oh, this is new.

I hope it's possible to add waypoints in the middle of routes as well as delete waypoints from routes, etc.

3.0.1 should be available now.
3.0.2 depends on the Apple approval process. Been running a week to two weeks.

So far only ability add to selected route from the chart. Will give some thought how to add an insert function from the chart.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thank you... and after being able to insert a waypoint using the chart, rubber band it to a precise location. Can rubber banding be done now?

Routes have been in iNavX for quite a while, but each release has improved route management. I look forward to adding more improvements with each new release.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Sure tap the waypoint name on the chart, it becomes a button, drag it where ever you want.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thanks again, but how do I insert a waypoint in the middle of an existing route using the present version.

With 3.0.1 you will need to go to the "Routes" tab, select the Route you want to edit, then tap the "+" button, then the "+" button next to the waypoint you want to insert after. Select "Done", then select "Select Waypoint" and choose the waypoint you want to insert.

With 3.0.2 I have significantly reduced the number of steps needed to add/insert waypoints to the route.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

This is a welcome addition. If you're thinking about other things, it would be really nice if there was a way to import and export routes from other places easily with standard formats like GPX, etc. X-Traverse shouldn't be the only way to do this. It would be really nice if there was a network transfer way or even an email way.

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  INavX on iPad wit Bluetooth GPS Rullinger 1 1,808 November 11, 2021 14:57
Last Post: saltyruss
  ipad / iNavx reporting incorrect COG chouliha 3 3,330 July 21, 2014 23:35
Last Post: AlanR
  iNavx for iPad question Clell 1 2,706 August 11, 2013 15:15
Last Post: GPSNavX
  Dual xgps and Inavx with ipad mini redticker 2 2,861 March 24, 2013 15:00
Last Post: GPSNavX
  iPad Retina display and iNavX antipole 5 4,152 March 26, 2012 14:33