• Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Wish List..
1)Direct sharing (Export/Import) waypoints with MacENC
2)Direct import partial chart from MacENC

I want to do planning at home with MacENC and bringing needed area of chart and planned waypoints to my boat with iPad.
Doesn't it sound great ?

MacENC can handle official Japanese ENC, which is always updated and precise, but noway to use it with iPad !!!!

And, direct sharing of routes.

I concur and support the part about waypoints/routes. The maps isn't such a big deal, as I can load so many maps into my iPhone 4 ahead of time it is not such a big issue. However, if you are in an anchorage in the Everglades, Northern Michigan, or anywhere there isn't cell service, there's no way to make route changes in MacENC and get them into the a supporting device (iPad/iPhone), even though they are connected via TCP/IP. I think this is a must.

I am about to make a complete jump to this technology, with all my instruments configured through Actisense devices and routed into my network via NMEA 0183. Then it'll all be Wifi from there with a 12volt Mac Mini as the primary and my iPhone (and in the future an iPad) on deck.

The other thing I'd like to throw in is ENC charts for mobile and DSC VHF position integration. But in the mean time, we gotta have a way to get waypoints/routes from MacENC into iNavX over an adhoc network.

I agree - being able to send routes and waypoints from MacENC to iNavX will be very useful.

Chart exports I can see being problematic with the likes of Navionics, but would be nice for the free charts (for times when we don't have internet access but do have the charts on the Mac already).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wish list Kim 7 4,594 April 8, 2011 16:32
Last Post: GPSNavX
  Addition of TCT/IP LIST? Ubbink 1 3,032 February 20, 2011 21:12
  My wish list rickp 5 3,411 September 22, 2010 13:31
  AIS Target List GPSNavX 0 1,832 May 13, 2010 06:59