• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: BoatLog (v1.0)
Gene,

Please refer to your private message for the links.

Thank you,
Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

has anyone tried using boatlog on ipad or iphone with filemaker to go or Bento? I would love to have these capabilities on my ipad.

Also, I would appreciate the links to the most recent version

thanks

Van

Hi Van,

I am in the process of testing BoatLogix with FileMaker Go on the iPhone. So far, I have found that most of the BoatLogix functionality works relatively well using FileMaker Go. Here is the download link for the 30 day trial version:
https://secure.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.as...6476a66d9d

I will send the BoatLog for Bento˘ links to you in a private message (MY FUSION button above).
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Hi Jon
After my first season using MacEnc, I would like to try your BoatLogix progam, from the above replys it sounds like a great addition.
Thks
Hans

Hi Hans,

The 30-day free trial for BoatLogix can be downloaded here:

There are 2 versions:
• BoatLogix - developed using FileMaker Pro
• BoatLog for Bento™

If you would rather use the Bentoâ„¢ version, please post a reply to this.

Thanks,
Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Hi Jon

To be honest, I don't have a clue as to which version I should try. I do use keynotes on my MAC but have never (knowingly) used bento. Some help please.

Thks
Hans

Hi Hans,

You can try them both. Both versions have roughly the same basic features.

Boatlogix is more complete and has direct links to MacEnc, GPSNavX, Google Earth, and more.

Bento is a simple database but you can modify BoatLog yourself and it uses your Mac's iCal and Address Book.

I will send you the BoatLog links in a private message.
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Jon

I too would like your log program, I dont have file maker or bento so i suspect in the first instance I will probably run Boat Log as bento will be a cheaper purchase for me. ($80 in australia)

Hi Ozmulties,

Actually, BoatLogix license is about half that of Bento in Australia. And you do not require a FileMaker license since BoatLogix is a runtime application. So I suggest you try it first.

Please post a reply to this if you still want to try the Bento version too.
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Jon,

How do I import a bulk set of waypoints from MacEnc to BoatLogix? What file extensions to I export to, and would I need to us GPSBabelFE to convert the file to another format/extension before importing into BoatLogix?

Gene

Hi Gene,

Simply export your waypoints from MacENC into a GPX file and then import the GPX file into BoatLogix using the instructions in the document, "Import GPX Waypoints" found in the XSL folder in the BoatLogix Files folder.

You must be connected to the internet and may havé to choose the XSLT file first.

Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Gene,

I forgot to mention two points in my reply above:

• If the file, Waypoints.gpx, can not be selected because it is grayed out, change the filename extension to .xml (e.g. Waypoints.xml)

• You can also export your waypoints as a CSV file from MacENC (e.g. Waypoints.csv) and import that file if you prefer. Use the BoatLogix menu File>Import Records>File! instead.

Please email me if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Thanks Jon. I appreciate the quick response. Gene

Hi Jon,

I would like to try the Bento version of BoatLog if it is still available.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick,

Please check your private messages (MY FUSION button above left) for the requested links.
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Version of Boatlog lookoutsailors 4 18,447 May 8, 2011 10:31
Last Post: Jade