• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Resuming a Route
I love iNavx and have now used it for several cruises and overnight distance races.

I have experienced a problem, though. I was navigating a route with 34 way points and the app crashed on me - several times, actually. Not sure exactly why, however, when I opened it again, I had to restart my route all over and click "next" a number of times to get back to my current leg.

It would be nice if I could select a waypoint on the route and continue from that point. (Or is this functionality already there and I've missed it?)

It would be even nicer if I hadn't experienced the crashes. I'm running an iPad 1 3G/64, iOS 4.3.3, iNavx 3.2.5 (just updated to 3.2.6, but have not used it yet).

Mark

Yes there is an easy way to advance to any waypoint in a route. Activate the route ("Goto" button) then in the Instruments banner or Instruments view tap one of these fields: DTR:, TMR: or RTN: and a Route Progress View will come up..

http://www.inavx.com/images/screenshots/...troute.png

You can then tap any waypoint to automatically select it as the active waypoint in the route.

If you would be so kind as to send the latest crash report to: inavx at me dot com that would be helpful. To get the crash report, sync your iPad with your PC or Mac. Then find the crash report..

Mac OS X: home/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

Windows Vista or 7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

Anytime the home button is pressed while in iNavX, all of its state is saved. So as a pre-caution you could tap the home button, then iNavX again.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I also had a crash, iNavX froze totally, during navigation. A app restart made it work agin for some minutes, but then i froze again.
Then I tried to start Navionics HD, but that one froze already on the opening disclaimer and the iPad had to be synchronized before I could do anything.
I cant find the logg file adress on my W7 64 bit.

Niklas
Study fashion design with dress up games

You might want to do a re-start on your iPad by holding down the lock and the home button until you can power off.

The app crash reports should be in:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I believe these issues have been resolved in iNavX 3.2.7
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA