• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: iPad while racing
Hi there, I am currently trying to set my iPad up as a navigational aid for use when racing round the Solent and offshore, Fastnet etc as its a great tool in these circumstances.

To assist with racing stratagy/tactcics I am overlaying hi Res weather gribs from Predictwind along with tidal data gribs from tidetech. However this is proving rather clunky and has its issues.

Has anyone else had success achieving these aims?

Would be good to know if any other racers out there are using inavx and if there is enough of us perhaps form a subgroup.

rather late reply but I am doing the same. Please let me know if you still want assistance.
Igor

Thanks, Igor think I am on top of this now, but thanks for offer.

For your information have been providing some feedback to Predictwind and tidetech and think both are now working more closely with iNavx to make accessing gribs much easier.

I know the next release will display tidal gribs more effectively.

Can you tell me how you are getting the TideTech GRIBS on to iNavX?

I'm using another app to unpack the grib files downloaded directly from tide tech web site called iunarchive.

Once this is unpacked within the iunarchive app then its a simple case of using the open in option to get files into inavx and then go into forecast function and enable file set you want.

Hope that helps.

bump
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth