• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: iPad to Raymarine
I'm trying to figure out how to use my iPad to plan routes that can then be followed by my Raymarine autopilot (S1000).

My initial inclination was to simply plan out routes on the iPad with iNavX and then export them to my Raymarine C80 which provides data to the AP. Unfortunately, this seems difficult. Basically, I'd have to transfer the routes to a computer, somehow (anyone know how??) convert them to a format that the C80 can read, and then load them onto the C80 through a compact flash card.

I'm now exploring alternatives. If I were to purchase and install a Brookhouse iMux, could I simply use the iPad to drive the AP? Would the iPad use its internal GPS or the Raymarine GPS, and is the internal GPS accurate enough for AP duties? When I don't want to use the iPad, could I seamlessly use the C80? Could I transfer the routes from the iPad to the C80 directly?

Sorry for all the questions...I'm just trying to make some sense of all of this!

Best to contact Brookhouse directly so they can recommend a work-able solution ..

http://brookhouseonline.com/contacts.htm

iNavX is very flexible in it's use of either the iPad or external GPS receiver.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA