• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Navigating across the dateline
Is there a way to set iNavX up so navigating across the dateline (which we do frequently in Fiji) doesn't mean a trip around the world?

I have been using the Navionics 'Austalasia' app, which doesn't have a problem with scrolling back and forth across the dateline.

So I was surprised when I purchased iNavX with the same Navionics charts (I think), the edge of the chart is right in the middle of our cruising area. To scroll to the next anchorage, I have to scroll around the world.

While I like the extra features of iNavX, it's almost unusable in Fiji because of this issue.

Maxsea (a PC-based charting program) has an 'Antimerdian' checkbox in the settings that makes the charts 'Pacific centered' vs Atlantic centered.

Any way I can set up iNavX to be 180-centered vs 0-centered??

Thanks
Sherry McCampbell
s/v Soggy Paws in Fiji

I have exactly same question. This is urgent priority for pacific passages.

+1

I wrote a note to iNavX a few months ago requesting an "antimeridian" view for charts that cross the dateline. (No reply yet.) Without it, my route between Tahiti and New Zealand looks pretty funny! But the route *distance* at least is correct, even though the plotted route goes all the way around the world! This is a big nuisance for anyone trying to use iNavX in the South Pacific.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waypoint update while navigating drctdby 2 2,590 July 23, 2010 21:08
Last Post: GPSNavX