• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Polar Navy non-delivery
I used the on-line service to buy activation codes for $39.99 PLUS a DVD for $19.99.

iportis charged my credit card for the full amount on April 10. I received an email with the activation codes but it is now May 4 and the DVD has not arrived.

There is zero support here. I have asked iportis for help several times; no responses at all. Polar Navy has no means that I can find to ask for customer service.

Does anybody know how to get this resolved?

Have you submitted a support ticket on his site?
http://support.polarnavy.com/ticket_home.php
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

The short answer is no, but not for lack of attempts.

The above link says it is only for users with activated accounts, but it gives no means to access help using activation code.

I, of course, so have an activation code, so would be more than willing to use it if I were offered a means to do so.

I have searched the site for any means to get help and it is hard to find; I can't find anything. Support link sends me to a dead end.

Frustrating!

Do your activation codes at least unlock the trial copy?

http://www.polarnavy.com/main/download
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

I need to correct earlier submission. Went back and found a link that worked--obvious in retrospect. Ticket submitted.
Thanks
GN

Polar Navy is activated and runs fine. Can't get PolarCom to connect to BU-353 GPS<>USB yet.

I bought the DVD on assumption I would get more and better charts. Hope they send it to me regardless of what's on it.

Have you used PolarNavy to do real navigation? It is upposed to talk to an autopilot. My Raymarine accepts waypoints from Garmin, so should do better with this

Sorry, can't help you with the AP unless you are trying to drive it using SeaTalk instead of NMEA.

Just wondering!doesn't PolarCOM send the NMEA AP messages to the autopilot? Yet you stated that you can't get PolarCom working with the GPS. Could this be the problem?
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

I am pleased to say that the problem is being resolved. DVD will ship tomorrow.

I got the GPS working as well, so progress all around.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polar Navy and iPad flash gordon 3 37,907 May 11, 2012 15:32
Last Post: Nereus32
  PANBO gives Polar a good review georgelewisray 11 10,228 April 2, 2012 07:29
Last Post: kellyp08
  Suggestion for Polar Web site georgelewisray 5 4,976 May 25, 2011 19:43
Last Post: brak