• Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: MacENC Enhancements - CALLING ALL USERS
May be 2 words (just 2!!) about plans?! :p

What about ActiveCaptain or other POI?

Also a MacEnc user of a few years and great when we crossed the Atlantic last summer. Use together with iNavX on iPhone and iPad and like the familiarity between the devices. Would pay for an upgrade for any of the features mentioned by the previous posts.

I understand - It's very difficult support 3 program at the same time ... and understand why iNavx in favor - just for 1 year sold more iPad then Mac for all 20

But for me personally - not important MacENC or GPSNavx
Include all function from on to another including supported charts ... and 2 program always less than 3 :p

Hi,
I have been cruising Pacific Mexico, Panama, the Canal, Western Caribbean including; Columbia, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico, then Florida to Georgia. Four years and 12,000 miles with MacENC and I'd be glad to pay for an updated version.

Gentile Breezes and following Seas.
Salty Doug Simms

this is a post to the thread and not salty dog

my 2¢ . . .

A, number one . . . KISS . . .

please do not microsloth your fine product . . .

I would rather have and PAY for a new stripped down ‘cruiser' version. I have gotten so many free upgrades it is embarrassing.

I am an offshore long distance cruiser . . . I need GoTo and/or sail timer like I need a hole in my hull. Coastwise cruising is damn near eyeball navigation.

Make an ‘a la carte' menu and pay for the modules you like . . .

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade . . . but I do believe that ‘less is more'.

Tom
s/v Driftwood
SF bay

Also in response to thread..

After, finally, crossing the North Sea for the first time, the feature I missed the most is the possibility to click on an AIS target to get the information about this target..

So getting this feature would be a great enhancement for me :-)

You can get this info, but it is a bit long-winded:
1) Open the AIS/Radar window to display the list of targets
2) Command-click on the target of interest on your chart. This selects the relevant entry in the list of targets
3) Double-click on the selected entry in the list of targets.
This opens the window with the target details.

Much better would be if you could click or option-click on the target on the chart.
Tony

Antipole! I'm with you. Your number one prio request is shared by me, although I'm just about to buy an expensive plotter to solve my problem, tired of waiting...

I love Mac ENC and would certainly pay for more functionality

How about automatic NOAA chart updating????
This remains a very cumbersome process with MacENC, and there is no easy way to verify that you are actually using the latest NOAA charts.
Look at the iPad app SEAiq USA. Very simple chart updating function. It is time for this upgrade.

A message to all MacENC users...

I have been in touch with NavX Studios about the future of MacENC and made them aware of this thread. They are interested and will look at the possibility of re-vitalising MacENC. I cannot speak for them, but I am hopeful that there will be developments in due course.

I and other posters have been getting close to despair about the situation and some even contemplating other systems - a dedicated chart plotter in some cases }Sad
I shall now be holding on to see what develops Smile - you may want to bear this in mind.

Bump

Bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Bump!
— —•••  •••— —