• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: "Setup" Button / Navigation Bar too bright .....
Hi All,

New to this Forum and new to iNavx so hopefully the veteran's out there can sort my little problem for me.

Q: How do I view the top tool bar and the "Setup" button ? as can be seen in the attached photo all I have is a white bar with the chart ID, internet connection, time and battery info, no matter what page I go to Setup button and toolbar are not available, even in night mode the white bar is still there.

Many Thanks

[Image: photo_zpsb777d5f1.png]
One is a sports brand converse shoes cheap Converse, Converse shoes are all one of the world's top sports brands.

The "Setup" button is the button that is blue and looks like a gear. It is located in the upper right hand corner just below the status bar.

Not sure what toolbar you are referring to. iNavX uses a tab bar which is at the bottom of the screen.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Hi GPSNavX and thanks for the reply...

The problem is the top bar, the very bright white one, I only called it a tool bar because it has tools on it that you can click, just like the bottom one... Smile

Anyhow the problem is this bright white coloured header/toolbar cannot be dimmed, when going into night mode it is like a head lamp, the only way for me to remove it is to go into full screen which in effect removes the setup gear icon and the lower toolbar functions...

In the below screenshot I plucked off the iNavX website, the top tool/header bar is clearly different to mine showing the setup button in the top right corner, but more importantly when going to night mode the top bar dims as well, leaving you with the option to use the setup mode without the header destroying whatever night vis you had. I know this as a friend has the same iNavX/iPad setup with the header as shown below (he does not know why though Sad ).....

Tis frustrating... :crazy:

[Image: screenchartroute_zpsba26f30c.png]
One is a sports brand converse shoes cheap Converse, Converse shoes are all one of the world's top sports brands.

Seems your question is a moving target.

For iOS 7 the iNavX "Setup" button was changed to an icon. If you don't want the iPad screen (including the standard iOS navigation bar) so bright then bring up the iOS 7 Control Center and adjust the brightness..

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048740/...enter.html
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

My apologies, it's not meant to be a moving target but a simple question about a presentation problem (status bar) that has a consequence (overly bright status bar).

The change of "setup" button to an "icon" doesn't matter as can be seen below, the presentation of the status bar is still the same......it's that presentation that I cannot get on mine.

I have no problem with the default brightness setting when viewing in night mode, so to adjust iOS brightness to a point where the status bar is acceptable is counter productive and doesn't fix the problem, just hides it.

It seems simple to me, if I can fix the presentation of the status bar, then the brightness issue will go away, I've yet to see a status bar the same as mine, all the ones I can find on the iNavX site and elsewhere are the same as the examples posted here.

[Image: screenchart1_zps794b165d.png]

All those earlier screen shots of iNavX are from iOS 6. Apple changed the look of all the common elements when they released iOS 7. They went to a flatter style and hence the brighter navigation bar.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

The next release of iNavX will have a less bright navigation bar. Like all other releases it will be a free update to all iNavX users.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Now that seems very strange indeed, most forums I go on would just change the title if that was a problem.....

But just to set the record straight, the set up button was a concern as can clearly be seen in my first post! I didn't know it had changed from text to icon and I certainly didn't know the icon was supposed to be sitting in the nav bar, it's part way in but mostly on the chart, you can see that as plain as day.

Will the version of iNavX fix the problem I have by using the new version to update the one I have ? or am I stuck with what I have ?

All updates to apps including iNavX are free updates. To insure you have the latest version of iNavX (Or for that matter any app) on your iDevice select "App Store" app, then select "Updates".
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Cheers, thanks for the help and a happy new year.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distance button Norddeutscher 1 2,111 August 9, 2012 06:31
Last Post: GPSNavX