• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: BoatLogix iOS install problem
I downloaded BoatLogix 12 and proceeded to install. In the instructions it says to send the file BoatLogix.mobileconfig to my iPad, but there is no file by that name in the package. Not an auspicious beginning...

Please advise.

Thanks,

Allan
Andrew Marsters
Island Packet 350 SKYE

Hi Allan,

The file you are looking for, 'BoatLogix.mobileconfig', is included in the 'BoatLogix iOS only' zipped folder that is part of the download package. Double click 'BoatLogix iOS only.zip' to unzip the folder. There is also 'BoatLogix_retina.mobileconfig' if you have an iPad with retina screen.

If you have further questions, you may contact me directly by email (see Developer on the 'About BoatLogix Go' page).

Thanks,
Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Jon,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no "BoatLogix IOS only folder" in the archive, The three fmpur files are loose in the folder with rest of the files, but there is no separate folder with mobileconfig files. I ran the installer twice to confirm this. I did go ahead and download the "BoatLogix IOS only" archive and got the files from it, but they are not included in the full program archive.

Allan
Andrew Marsters
Island Packet 350 SKYE

Hi Allan,

For clarification, the 'full program archive' and 'installer' that you reference is the installer package for Mac OS X only. If you click the BoatLogix Go download button on the first web page, then all files for both OS X and iOS are included.

Thanks for your feedback,
Jon

— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

For clarification, I ended up at https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/FSLink.aspx?VT=F where I downloaded BoatLogix Go.pkg. To me, a package implies that all files are included. If I had found no iOS files inside, I would have naturally downloaded the "iOS only" archive as well, but since the fmpur files were included, it appeared that the mobileconfig files were missing and it was an incomplete archive. I would find it far less confusing if you either included everything in the pkg archive, or removed the fmpur files from it and labeled it "OSX only." Then, it's obvious to download both archives if you want both iOS and OSX.

Thanks,

Allan
Andrew Marsters
Island Packet 350 SKYE

Allan,

Again, thank you for your feedback.

The correct link with download instructions is:
BoatLogix Go v12.0

The package extension (.pkg) is assigned by Apple for OS X only install packages. The database files, .fmpur, are common to both OS X and iOS so are included in both downloads.

Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Jon,

Yes, I know the extension is Apple's. My point was that when it said "BoatLogix Go.pkg," I expected everything inside, OSX and iOS. I would not have been confused if it was called "BoatLogix OSX only.pkg."

Thanks,

Allan
Andrew Marsters
Island Packet 350 SKYE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New release for BoatLogix Go Jade 27 65,698 March 7, 2019 06:48
Last Post: Jade
  Registered BoatLogix Users Jade 3 10,474 August 31, 2018 05:26
  BoatLogix Jade 2 12,202 October 22, 2011 04:41