• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Crossover for Mac
Has anyone tried running Airmail using Crossover for Mac?

Their website simply states that the program is untested.

Thanks,

John

Just downloaded Crossover demo. Airmail installed fine. Will hook up my pactor modem and see if the Mac drives it soon and will report.

I'd be interested to find out if MaxSea TZ runs on Crossover.
Crossover hasn't replied to my email inquiries.

I have CrossOver for Mac and find it works well for many utilities - a great way to run Windoze apps without clogging up my computer with Windoze.

However, I have had only limited success getting serial interfaces, such as serial/USB adaptors, to work. I would be interested to hear from others about success or failure on this.

I try install SailMail and Winlink under Crossover, but unsuccessful. I don't try understand why?

I download demo of WMWare Fusion, install with Windows7 - and now all perfect work (not just Sailmail), now I was purchased it.

May be this is best way.

Hi!

I know this is an old post, but has anyone had any luck using Crossover to run Airmail?

I already have Crossover on my laptop, and I just inherited a pactor II-usb with my sailboat. Trying to get it all up and running, and my newbie ignorance to all this is failing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I have installed everything and Crossovere and Airmail works if I am using a wireless connection, but when I switch to a usb-serial adapter, Airmail responds that it cannot find the com port I indicated. I followed the directions that tritonmarinesystems wrote on the web.

Sure would like to know whether I can actually get this to work, or if I should buy a cheap PC and stop banging my head against the nav station.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CrossOver for PC programs on Mac antipole 7 13,037 December 14, 2016 18:43
Last Post: Jade
  CMAP-Crossover-OSX 256 palette problem sailpalau 5 11,210 October 15, 2009 13:13
Last Post: polly