• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Anchor Alarm over ride DVD?
Wow I love this app!

I am wondering if the anchor alarm will over ride a DVD if I am using my iBook to watch a movie and have GPSNavX running?

Is there a way to load a .mov or .MP3 to play as the anchor alarm?

Rick

Can you use applescript to do this?

Hi, Big Rick.

On my 12" PB running 10.4.2, the anchor alarm pops up on top of a playing DVD and repeats the audio warning until its attended to.

Cheers,
Wendell

I already had the idea ( and submited it to the autor ), to give an information to the USB port, and since most of us use a DB9/USB adaptor, use this information to activate any external device, such as a loud buzzer, a blinking light, a bomb in the cockpit... since it is very easy to use such an information out of a RS232 port. No ?... What about ?...

René GARMY Wrote:I already had the idea ( and submited it to the autor ), to give an information to the USB port... What about ?...

If you find your internal speakers aren't loud enough to wake you, you might try an external set. Doing so won't tie up a port.

Regards,
Wendell

On the Keyspan USB/RS232 adaptor thera are 4 ports, much more than what we need, and above all, a signal is better than a simple sound since it is usable with many devices.

René GARMY Wrote:...a signal is better than a simple sound since it is usable with many devices.

...true, but I like to keep my set up simple. The audio waypoint arrival alarm and the looped audio anchor alarm, broadcasted throughout the boat's sound system, can't be missed.

The most important GPSNavX update for me was the addition of looping the anchor alarm.

Cheers,
Wendell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't set anchor alarm ? Sven_G 0 1,813 January 23, 2012 18:43
Last Post: Sven_G
  Anchor alarm is not very alarming! fish2live 6 4,457 March 16, 2010 11:44
Last Post: GPSNavX
  Anchor watching Quentin 2 3,350 April 26, 2005 06:13
Last Post: cyberhusky