• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: iNavX2
It seems more is being released about iNavX2 so I should start its own thread.

iNavX2 is built upon Navionics Mobile cartography..

More Here

As soon as pricing and availability details come into more clarity I will post them here.

Some press in Panbo
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

All current owners of iNavX will receive version 2.0 at no additional cost. iNavX version 2.0 will add these features to iNavX..

- Download purchased Navionics charts & maps in addition to the free NOAA US waters
- Navaid inspector
- Waypoint upload/download (GPX and KML file support)
- Pinch zooming (Easy to use zoom slider will still be available)
- Available on ALL iTunes iPhone app stores

Prices have not been finalized on the top quality Navionics cartography, but I understand they will be very reasonably priced. Even with the additional features, iNavX will remain priced under US$50.

iNavX
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

any 'guesstimates' at navionics pricing??

Navionics has put together a sample app using one of their charts..

Navionics in iTunes app store
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

hugely frustrating that the UK iTunes store will let me buy the american navionics/marine maps

but as yet there's nothing here for us chart wise

got my fingers crossed that santa might have it sorted for christmas for us though!! Smile

Quote:hugely frustrating that the UK iTunes store will let me buy the american navionics/marine maps

Do you have a link? I don't find a way to buy any Navionics charts via iTunes.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

did I say navionics, I meant the navimatics ones Blush

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSto...77387&mt=8

Trust me, the Navimatics "Marine Maps" app is not one that can be used for real-world marine navigation.

Very soon iNavX will come to the UK and other iTunes stores with the excellent Navionics cartography.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

This is really cool.

Will you be in a position to implement the same Navionics "charts on demand" technology within MacENC? That would be so cool..
Never knowingly overcanvassed!

Still waiting, is there any time schedule for the introduction of iNavX2? Today the first Navionics sea chart for European waters was for sale at App store. However, the app loooks very simple compared to iNavX. What I look forward to is the possible to stream NMEA data to the phone, since I will mostly use it as a repeater more than a stand alone navigation unit, and there is too my knowledge no other app than iNavX doing that. I really do not need the chart, however that will be much more elegant.

The latest news I have from Navionics is mid February.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Hi Rich,

I would like to know if iNavX will download Navionics charts by itself or can one use the same charts if bought from the Apple Online Store like Navionics Gold UK Holland charts (or any other Gold chart set)?

Does iNavX load these charts if it finds them on the iPhone or do I have to buy them twice?

Thx

Manou

That is an excellent question that Navionics has not answered. I have recommended to them that they do not charge a customer twice for the same data.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA