• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Planning a route using iNavX
I have recently purchased iNavX set it up on my iPhone added waypoints and am so far really happy with the software. There is just two things that I am struggling with and I am hoping someone can help me out here.

1) When I am using the software and go to Instruments Fix: Loc Mgr is all I ever get, if I switch to any other GPS software such as MotionX GPSlite it very quickly locks in a GPS fix but I cant seem to get the iNavX to switch to GPS.

2) I would like to plot a route with multiple waypoints using the iNavX software directly on the phone and I cannot seem to find where this can be done.

I am probably doing something obviously wrong but I would appreciate any assistance in solving these problems.

Thanks

1) Location Manager does mean iNavX is using the iPhones GPS. Location Manager is just the name of the service in the iPhone OS that provides location.

http://www.gpsnavx.com/iNavX/help/instruments.htm

2) Currently iNavX lets you navigate to a waypoint via "Goto" and provides all the info (i.e. bearing, distance, time, velocity, etc). iNavX does not automatically advance to another waypoint. In a future version there will be support for creating a route (i.e. multiple waypoints).

http://www.gpsnavx.com/iNavX/help/waypoints.htm
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thats great thanks for your help, do you have any idea when the route planning will be available. I am a sailor and would like to be putting in all the various race courses we use.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reverse route iNavX drctdby 4 6,489 December 14, 2016 18:45
Last Post: Jade
  Creating Route iNavX 3.0.1 drctdby 6 3,897 June 11, 2010 08:08
Last Post: drctdby